Monday, March 12, 2012

Hard Day

You know when you listen to the words of a four year old, you have to wonder where exactly their ideas are coming from.

Let me walk you by Nathan's day.  Due to time change, he actually woke up at 8am, got ready for school, had a little breakfast and went off to Pre-School.  At Pre- School, I know they do art activities, reading, playing, eating, etc.  Doesn't sound like a tough day;

Well according to Mr. Nathan,  "It's been a Hard Day".


Nathan got picked up from school, when he got home he got ready for his Baseball game, and I made dinner.  Sometime between getting ready and sitting down for dinner, Nathan had to go to the bathroom to drop off some kids off at the pool.

Dad, knowing the game was scheduled for 6pm, didn't fit in the fact that Nathan had to use the restroom.  OK....

Nathan, upset at the fact that he was rushed, quickly snapped and said the following, " Stop Rushing me, I don't like to be rushed."


Well said Nathan, what man likes to be rushed when he is in the middle of the most important part of human life.

We made it to the game.  Just like any other baseball player ( at age four) Nathan did what he was expected to do.  Although I think the kids thought they were playing Football, not baseball.  I only say this because anytime the ball was thrown, all the kids would run to it, miss it but tackle each other until there was a pile of kids three feet high.  Only an observation.

Well as I am putting Nathan down to sleep, he told me he was tired,  "Mommy I had such a hard day and my head hurts."


His head hurts, really????  You know when my head hurts, it's lights out, Excedrin Migrane and a wet towel over my forehead.  Is Nathan really having a hard day, or has he heard this so much that either he really feels it, or it's one of those comments he picked up.  I know it's hard to be four, it must have been so traumatizing to me that I don't recall being four.  But thirteen, I got you Nathan, I recall exactly what it is to be thirteen and on.

I hope you rest up and your teachers, parents and coaches are not working you too much.  After all this isn't toddlers and tiaras.  I am much more sane than those moms.

Love Ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment