Friday, March 2, 2012

School Registration

It's finally that time in Nathan's life, which he was registered for Kindergarden. OMG.. What happened to the baby boy we brought home that summer day in 2007? What I didn't expect was that registration would be so hectic. Getting him into elementary school is probably harder than getting him into Harvard. I had hear through rumorville that I better be in line bright and early the day of registration. Nathan's daddy was fabulous, since he was off that day, he said he would go and wait in line. After getting there at 0445 hrs,,,new meaning to bright and early huh. It was more like let me camp out and set up my tent, and drink my hot cup of coffee. Despite being there that early, he was number 9 in line. Holly Molly, WTF is going on? The office did not open until 0700hrs. It only took 5 minutes to turn in Nathan 's registration form, dad was told , " We will notify you in June to let you know if he got in, we still have to figure out how many spots are available after we do sibling registration." Are you F &$@@@@ kidding me. If you are thinking, Nathan 's school is some kind of magnet school or private, WRONG. It 's our local school. Mind you I am a product of LAUSD but my mom never woke up at midnight to register me in school. So now we wait and see if Nathan will attend his home school or be bus somewhere else. Why? Our bright developers and probably school district did not plan, build , or took into account the population of children in our beloved new city. I tried to explain to Nathan that he would be going to Big Boy school and we drive by it everyday, even the day of registration, he asked " Mommy is that going to be my new school" I hope so Nathan, he looked at me like "huh". Let's keep on fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment