Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chewing gum

Since Nathan was a little guy, I have always discouraged chewing gum. May sound a bit strict but that is a choice I made. After having a sleep over at his grandparents home, Nathan came home. As I sat on a chair looking at a mirror Nathan came from behind. I swore I saw him with gum in his mouth. By the time, I turned around to face him, the gum was gone.

The following was said:

 Nathan, are you chewing gum?

 Nathan: No

 Mommy: What did you have in your mouth?

 Nathan: Nothing

 I took a line from the old Skool people in my life. "Nathan, when you swallow gum your stomach is going to get glued together."  You should have seen, Nathan's face. I explained it was not good to lie to me.

 Nathan:  replied with a big  Ahh,

Mommy: Let me guess Nathan, the candy you were eating had gum.

 Nathan: yes

 Mommy: Where is it, did you swallow it

 Nathan: I didn't swallow it, I chewed it

 Mommy: So where is it?

Nathan: In my tummy

No comments:

Post a Comment