Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dressing Room

Hi everyone,

Yes it's that time again.  Nathan comments, actions and reactions.

Every night Nathan gets to pick out his clothes.  We do this in order to save time in the morning.  Apparently, I have created a monster.  The funny thing is that when Nathan and I pick his clothes out at night, everything goes well in the morning.  When daddy and Nathan pick out clothes,  ummm things don't go as planned.

Lets take this morning for example.  Nathan came into my room and started to get dressed.  He asked me if he could wear his new "Angry Bird" (anger management shirt, appropriate right ??).  I said, yes but put some jeans on instead.  He ran to his room and came back complaining there weren't any jeans.  I left three pairs of jeans on the floor for him to pick out.  He thought jeans were shorts.  Fine Nathan, get some jean short from your dirty clothes (I don't care I have to get to work, can we hurry).

We got the shorts, and the Angry Bird shirt on.  Umm one problem, he wanted to wear a plaid green shirt over it.  I told him that the Angry Bird Shirt didn't go with it but  the " Kiss me I am Irish shirt" did.  We went back and forth, I finally said, his choice was to wear the Angry Bird shirt alone or wear his White  Irish shirt underneath the plaid shirt, end of discussion. (I felt like I was in the dressing room at Macy's picking out an outfit for a fab party not pre-school.  Good Lord.  I try to let him exercise his opinion and decision making when choosing his clothes.  However, I had to pump the brakes when he wants to wear orange plaid shorts with a green shirt.  I cannot allow my children to walk around looking like a rainbow.  I do take issue.

Lets see what tomorrow holds...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment