Thursday, January 19, 2012

Boys Vs Girls

The kids and I had a eventful evening last night.  The grown boys, referring to Baby Daddy and Baby uncle took off to enjoy an evening of Hockey.

Mean while the babies, well lets just say say were just babies.  Nathan apparently received homework assignments.  While he very diligently worked on his homework, his sister Katelyn could not stand not being part of it.  She cried and cried for everything.

We eventually moved the drama upstairs,  I figured it was a good time to start their baths before they got so worked up I couldn't bring them back down to my world.  Katelyn was determined to take off her own clothes,  she got stuck several times.  I started taking off her rubber bands from her hair,  she insisted in trying to do that too.

Nathan, being mister, "I can do anything" said to Katelyn, "I'll do it, I'll help you."  Well K wanted nothing to do with him touching her pony tails.  Nathan frustrated didn't understand, this is where I came in, "Nathan, girls don't like you touching their hair."  He replies, "Ah girls, girls, always girls I need to play with some boys."

I felt your pain Nathan, You are always surrounded by girls, and yes WE wine and complaint a lot.  All I could think is, yup you should have gone with the boys to the Hockey game.

We made it to the bath, where it was a race on who was not going to take a bath first.  Nathan had already brushed his teeth and gone potty.  I convinced him to get in.  I instructed Katelyn to go potty.  Reluctant she sat in the toilet.  As I was given Nathan his bath, I hear Katelyn, "Mommy look it!"  With excitement she was pointing at the fact that she was going POTTY.....yehhhhhhhhhhh. What a celebration it was in the bathroom.  Everyone was giving each other high fives, if you didn't know any better you would think she just won the  marathon.

Ah yes the differences between the lives of boys and girls.  The frustration of a poor little four year old boy who is constantly being annoyed by his little 2 year old sister.

Needless to say the evening ended well, both had their time with mommy.  Let's see what mommy can get from daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment