Saturday, January 21, 2012

Breast milk and rocket ships

This time on our way back from school,  Nathan and I engaged in another interesting conversation.  As we were driving, we saw a herd of calves, we had not seen these young creatures.  We had only seen the Big cows.

Nonetheless, we past by and the question came about.  "Mommy, how do babies eat when they are super, super super X 10 small?"

Well Nathan, the babies drink milk from the mommy. "How?", he asked.  Ahhhhh how did I get to this conversation.   Well they drink it from their breast.  "How?"

Well they lay down or stand ( I think) and drink milk from their mommy, kind of drinking from a bottle.

"Well do you have milk?"  Apparently Nathan was too young to remember mommy feeding his little sister.  I didn't know how to get out of the conversation.  Other then explaining all babies need milk.

Well fortunately a jet was flying in the sky.  That changed the conversation to "Mommy is that a rocket ship?"  I said, "No Nathan I don't think it's a rocket ship, I think it's a jet."  Nathan asked, "Why can't it be a rocket ship?"  Well because if it were a rocket ship the ground would shake and it would be super loud.  "Why?"  "Because the rocket ship is so powerful, it cuts through the sky and flies into outer space, the jet flies through the sky."  "Mom what is powerful? "   Nathan it's lots of power and fuel, so it can make it through the sky.

He then began to inquire who flew the rocket ships, I replied Astronauts fly rocket ships and pilots fly jets.  Then he began to wonder how they walked when they were out in outer space, I said they do the "Moon walk"  He was perplexed. I tried to explained the concept of gravity, that lost him completely.  Luckily for me we were getting home  and I said perhaps a trip to the museum would help me explain it better.

If these question are confusing me now,  I would hate for him to bring home his Algebra homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment