Monday, January 2, 2012

Nathan, Goes to 123rd Tournament Of Roses Parade

Greeting from Pasadena, CA where the weather is sunny and clear at a whopping 84 degrees.  Can you imagine that?   Well if you live in Southern California you could.  But even though I was born and raised in So. Cal , I didn't think that I would need sunblock in January.

Well in all honesty Nathan wasn't at the parade but we did go view some of the most gorgeous floats  displayed this year 2012.

With Nathan being sick it was time to get out and about for a bit.







Even after some cold ice lemonade, viewing the floats, and some kennel corn it got to be just too much for Nathan.  It was HOT.....

As Nathan and I were ordering our Kennel corn, he wiped his face and saw blood on his hand.  "Mommy, I am bleeding,"    

Nathan got so hot his nose started to bleed.  After a few minutes of rendering first aid to the little guy, he managed to enjoy almost the whole bag of Kennel corn, of course with a little help from the rest of us.

As we ended our day and walk back to the shuttle , I knew Nathan was tired.  He would tell that he was hungry (what he wanted was to finish the rest of the kennel corn). "Mommy I need a rest, my back hurts."

Umm funny all the pregnant ladies at the parade were saying the same thing.

We made it to the shuttle pick up point.  Nathan was now beginning to get loud and a bit rude.  I reminded him he was not being the best sport to which he replied, " I am not being mean, and I am just tired and cranky."   Lol.... yes you are.  Then he pretend to pass out, meanwhile the others waiting began to worry and panic this little boy just passed out of heat exhaustion.  I even had to do a second look,  nope Nathan was fine.  Just looking for attention, and he got it.  

I told him too, if he did that again I would call the Firemen and they would take him back to the hospital.

Nonetheless, 5 minutes into the car ride home, Nathan was out for the count.

No comments:

Post a Comment