Friday, November 18, 2011

Nathan's Sleepover

So after a long day of fun at the LA Zoo, We decided to stop Nathan's Abuelo's House.

Nathan wanted vegetable soup.  He kept asking me if I was going to PF Chang?  I didn't have any plans to go and Baby daddy was working.  Nathan said to me that I should still go and he could sleepover at his grandparent's house.  Nonetheless, we all hung out for a bit.  Nathan's kept asking me if we were going to have a sleepover, and I kept saying,  "probably not."  My parents, who rarely get to see him now were also inquiring, "Dejalo"  Meaning, "Leave Him Here"

The problem is when Nathan is with my parents he thinks it's a party like "1999"  He stays up late and wakes up early.

Nathan asked me, "Mommy can we have a sleepover at abuelo's house"  I said, "Nathan you don't have any clothes, what about clean chonis?"  Well he says, "Yes I do".  I knew that most of Nathan's clothes weren't at my parent house, I said, "If you can find pajamas and chonis"  Nathan says, "Abuelo has pajamas", "Yeah but they are too big for you." As resourceful as he is he says, "What about if I go to the room and find some, then can I stay?"  "Why don't you go stay with your family?" 

Umm, my family, I thought I am YOUR family.  I told him, "Nathan you are my family."  He says, "well you can come visit."

Nathan leaves the room, when he comes back he is carrying an outfit, gym shorts and shirt and a new pair of chonis.  He says, "you see mom I have pajamas and clean chonis"

Despite me not wanting to leave him, I say ok.  He needed to be in his best behavior.

I said, Ok lets go give you your bath and get you ready for bed.  We take his bath and go into my parent's spare room,  Nathan asks me, "where is my sister going to sleep, Abuelo took the Elmo bed apart."  I replied, "Nathan, Katelyn is not staying here, she is going home with me."  He replied "ok but can you pick me up for school after breakfast.  And tell abuelo what my favorite breakfast is"


As I was leaving Nathan tells me, "Mommy don't crash into any cars and drive careful on the road."


And so it is, Nathan's sleepover.....Good luck mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment