Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How do I explain it

This morning I woke up got in the shower.  I brushed my teeth, As I was brushing my teeth, Nathan walks in and says, "Mommy why do you brush your teeth in the morning?"


I should have said, "Because it's important to brush our teeth and keep our teeth healthy and have pearly whites."

But it was the morning and I was tired, so I could not come up with a good explanation other than, Well people (I at the time) have bad breath in the morning.  It sounded so ugly and disgusting.  I quickly tried to rectify it and call it morning breath.  But Nathan was quicker than I could think at the time and said, "I don't have to brush my teeth in the morning because I don't have bad breath in the morning, right mommy" 


Newsflash Nathan, yes you do.  So in the morning when mommy says, "Let's go brush your teeth, it's not because we want to, but I could still smell last night's dinner on your breath."


I know that the question of brushing your teeth is one of the many first to follow, "Daddy why do you shave, why do you put deodorant on, why this why that.  In four year old terms How Do I explain it........

No comments:

Post a Comment