Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nathan Little Lies

We were getting ready to leave this morning, I was grabbing some few things out of my bedroom.  Nathan and Katelyn were in the hallway.  I heard banging, wasn't really sure what it was or where it was coming from.  I walked back to the hallway and Katelyn tells me, "Hurt Fish", Hurt Fish".

Umm I  knew exactly what she meant, "I said Nathan were you banging the fish tank?"  You are going to scare the fish.  Nathan replies, "No Mommy it wasn't me, it was Katelyn, she brought a chair and bang the fish tank and hurried up and put it away before you came."


OK first of all I was gone 20 seconds.  You mean to tell me your toddler sister, who can barely carry a cup in one hand and a toy in another without falling.  She brought the stool over, bang the fish tank and ran back and put the step stool away without any trace or evidence of such event occurring.  Nathan's response, "Yes mommy Katelyn did it."  I tried to explain to Nathan that Katelyn is talking more and she can actually tell me what happened, so his version won't always be the only version.

In addition, I have caught Nathan in some very elaborate lies, he has been coming up with the most outrageous chain of events, and Katelyn always seems to be the guilty one.

I don't think Nathan realizes that Katelyn is still not capable of doing all the things his imaginations leads him to believe she can do, thus turning into Nathan little lies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment