Saturday, October 1, 2011

Nathan stresses out

This morning Nathan tells me, "mommy I don't want to go to baseball." Umm sounds like someone is stressing out.  I got a little sad, and I told him "that  makes me sad because I was looking forward to watching you play." He quickly replies, "I want to go to baseball."


It's funny to hear kids want to please their parents, But I also want to teach him that when he starts something, he needs to finish it.  He can't  just quit because it's too challenging or he thinks its too hard.

To make him feel better, he asked me if he could wear his suit, and that before his baseball game he will change into his baseball uniform and change again for the party tonight.

So Nathan is walking around in a suit and tie with no where to go for now.

Dad asked Nathan, "Are you seriously going out like that?" Nathan replies, "I can go."  Brian offers an idea to take off the vest because it's hot.  Nathan replies, "No!"  He is serious about his wardrobe and nobody changes his mind.

We will keep you posted on how Nathan handles his stress in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment