Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ash Wednesday

I am figuring out that as I get older and maybe have matured immensely since my twenties, I find it that I incorporate GOD more into our lives.

I remember going to church as a young child and reading the bible with my Grandmother and cousins.  I probably didn't understand much of it.  But I do remember some of the stories in the bible.  I wouldn't be able to repeat them but I do have those memories.  It's those memories that helped me decide if my kids were going to have any knowledge of GOD, it will be I that needed to teach them.

It feels so good to hear my mom crack up when, Nathan is asked to bless himself  ( the spanish version of course).  She still can't believe that he knows the recital.

Nonetheless, Nathan and I found ourselves at 8pm Mass on Wednesday night.  The church was filled with people.

He noticed the priest and asked me, " Mommy who is that, is that GOD"  No Nathan that is the priest. "Mommy, what is a Priest."  He is the person who teaches us about GOD,  "You mean like a teacher."
Yes.  He quickly replies,  "Well what is he saying and why do people come to church?"  I tried to explain why people go to church, thus this is the place where people come to talk to GOD,  yet he couldn't really understand, Nathan wanted to see GOD.

Nathan received his Ash and almost started to cry,  He said, "I don't like this."  I explained to him it was GOD kissing him, and he replied "Well I don't want GOD to kiss me."  Needless to say his Ash lasted about an hour.

I have to introduce him to religion.  I can talk about it all year long, but doing things is what sticks the most.

I guess things can be worse, like the little boy whose parents were trying to calm down. During the quietest time in church,  the boy yelled out,  "I hate god".....  Oh Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment