Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Talk

Once again, Nathan's Little League will commenced, at least regular season.  We are all so excited.  Nathan will be part of the "NEW YORK METS"

With new activities coming our way, new conversations are being initiated.  For example,  "Mommy is New York, New?"  LMAS.  No Nathan, it's not.  He asked, "Well Why do they call it New York?"


Nate, it's not new, It's the name of the state.  What I was really thinking was it's actually one of the oldest states in the country, and one of the original colonies. We have 50 states.  Each team is names after one.  But I was not in the mood to have 50 questions.

Fast Forward to today.  Nathan needed to buy new uniform gear for his new team.  He ended up getting a new glove,  (Along with Dad)  Since he will be assisting in the coaching???????  GOOD FOR HIM......  New socks, a new belt and yes a cup holder.  Apparently little guys and I mean that in all forms,   need protection in their jewels. Oh yeah and new under wear, (jockey underwear, which holds the "CUP."

Nathan was a good sport, he took his wallet and yes mommy made him get his money to pay for his socks, belt, and cup.  Don't feel bad for Nathan,  he has plenty of it stored away in his piggy bank.  He only needs $200.00 so he can buy his own I PAD.  He also only has two chocolate bars left from his Fundraising.  ANY TAKERS???

When we got home I told Nathan that we would have lunch and after lunch I would take him to the park so we could practice.

He asked me if he could put his baseball uniform on.  I said sure.  Away he goes,  as we are getting lunch ready, he comes back downstairs, wearing his new socks, pants, new belt, shoes and yes even his NEW Underwear.  Umm.

I didn't realize he had put on the jock underwear,  Please bare with me too.  I played softball.  I don't have brothers,  so I wasn't sure how this cup thing worked.  I overheard the lady at Sport Chalet,  but it went in one ear and out the other.

Nathan grabbed the cup, and he asked me, "Mommy what is this for?"  I said, Nathan it's to protect your pi pi when you are playing,  to make sure the ball doesn't hurt you.  Do you want to try it on? Curious but apprehensively he said yes.   We both looked at like it was a Rubic cube we couldn't solve.  I saw that he had the special underwear on, and I knew there was a pocket.  So which way does it go???? ummmm.

Apparently I put it on backwards I placed it like a backwards triangle,  and I guess according to Daddy Coach, who was overhearing this craziness, told me  "It's backwards, you need to protect what is below too."  ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,, well Like a said I never had that problem.  With girls it is a backwards triangle....Give me a break.

But why was I having the talk.....I guess with Nathan I too learn new things as time goes on.  The cup didn't last long.  He didn't like it and took it off.  It was a hilarious experience.  Even only a few months have passed since Winter Ball, he has already grown so much.  He plays better, hits harder and his attention span has gone from 5 seconds to 30 seconds.  But at least I haven't seen him play in the sand with his glove over his face.  Good Luck Nathan on your 2012 Season. Go get them............

No comments:

Post a Comment