Friday, February 17, 2012

Let me get this right

Once again on our ride home, Nathan asked me if he could have an otter pop when he got home. Before I answered his question, he said, "I have an idea how about abuelo buys us some ice cream when the Ice cream truck comes by." 

I quickly interjected and stated that perhaps he needs to buy abuelo and abuela some ice cream and stop asking them for money. I told him, he needed to take care of them and not have them take care of him. He replied, " let me get this right, I have to give them some of my money." I said , "No Nathan but it wouldn't be a bad idea if you buy them ice cream." Ahhhhhhhh, I could see the frustration on his face. He said to me ok, " I'll give them 5 of my money, but do I Have to go into my piggy bank, really, let me get this Right"

Once again, I replied, "No Nathan, I didn't say that, you don't have to do that right now but it is an idea." All I am trying to do is teach this little boy that it's important to take care of others and share when others are in need.

However, this is the same little boy who asked me last week, "mom, when can I get a cell phone." I replied, Nathan when you grow up, have a job and YOU can pay for it."

This is the same four year old who asked his dad yesterday, "Dad, when do I get an I Pad?" So yes Nathan, you got it straight. If you want something, you better start saving your money. For a four year old you already have expensive taste.

And one more thing, if you plan on working for local government, whether it's local or state you better start on your 401K and retirement plan because your Uncle Jerry Brown is going to demolish anything your parents have earned.  Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment