Friday, December 23, 2011

Driving Lessons II

A few days back, Nathan, Katelyn and I were stuck in traffic, I noticed one lane was going faster than the other.  Apparently so did Nathan.  Only that while I was going to merge from the number 2 lane to the number 1 lane on a merging freeway, Nathan was referring to the shoulder.  As I switched lanes he told me, "No mommy I mean that lane, why don't you go on that lane."  I told Nathan, "That is the shoulder Nathan, only emergency vehicles can go there.  Fire trucks use that lane to get to an accident so they don't get stuck in traffic like us."  Trust me the kid had a good idea.  I probably  have done it before, which is why he was telling to drive on that lane.

Sometime after that, on our way  to school.  I was driving behind  the street sweeper, yeah the one that is going five miles an hour and cars are starting to stack up behind me.  Not wanting to be the CAR that is the cause of a back up on a single lane road, I pass it up on the left.

Nathan, quickly tells, "Mommy what you did back there wasn't very nice."  Confused I asked exactly what it was that I did that wasn't nice.  He replied, "The street sweeper was doing his job and you just passed him."
How can I put this to a four year old.  I don't have the patience, and neither did the five cars behind me to stay behind the sweeper.  I replied,  "Nathan, you don't like traffic, if I would have stayed behind the sweeper we would have caused a lot of traffic."  I was only trying to help everybody.


Can this four year old stop trying to give mommy Driving Lessons........

No comments:

Post a Comment