Sunday, September 18, 2011

Good Bye Lake Powell



Well today Nathan completes his Lake Powell excursion.  He got to see a lot of breathtaking scenarios.  Even though he is probably too young to understand he has just witnessed one of the seven wonders of the world.

He was more interested in climbing rocks.  So here we go.  Nathan was persistent every time we beached the boat that he wanted to climb up the rocks. I am not a hiker, however I do like pushing the limits and I think subconsciously the kids are learning to become dare devils. Nathan asked me, "Mommy what is hiking?" I said,  "it's when you walk up rocks." Nathan says, "OK lets go hiking then mommy, wanna go?".  I couldn't resist. So we walked and we climbed, so here it is:  Can You See Us?


For a four year old Nathan did very well.  We would have gone further if I knew how to read the rock trails a little better.  Nathan was on a mission to catch up with a group of hikers that was hiding a Geo Find.  Needless to say they were experienced hikers and later told me that trail they took  was going to be rated difficult.  However Nathan and Katelyn were given kudos.

After talking with them, we come to find out that "The Storm" we were a part of, was thee worse storm they have seen Lake Powell have in the last twenty seven years they have been going there.

So we ended with that..Until Nathan's next venture.


No comments:

Post a Comment