Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Storm

So we set out yesterday on a venture, we made plans to make it to Rainbow Bridge then possibly camp out in order for us to continue to Escalante Arms.

Well we made it to Rangling Rope Marina, the whether was changing.  We were told Rainbow Bridge was six miles up.

We made it to the cut off and cruized around all the rocks.  We made it To Rainbow Bridge.  Nathan and I hiked up 1/4 to the very end.  It was an amazing site.  On the way down Nathan and I raced down the bridge back to dad.  Brian had mention we better hurry up the whether did not look in our favor.

As Nathan and I ran back down, I ironically thought we might make the Rainbow Bridge gods upset for running. We got back in our boat and we can see lightning and roaring thunder from the far.

Not five minutes after we started our journey back did it begin to pour down.  When I speak of the storm I was not referring to the chaos the kids create.

The wind began to blow, visibility was zero, the rain drops were so big they would hurt your face when they hit you. We couldn't proceed safely.  Brian made the decision to have the kids and I go inside the porta potty cabin.

I got inside with the kids, in order to prevent the kids from becoming frighten I sang songs to them and told stories, as I secretly prayed we get through this storm and that our boat doesn't capsize.

I was worried about Brian, I can hear the rain pouring and the thunder roaring even more.  I made the mistake to look at my phone only to find out we were going the opposite way.  There is no way we were going to make it to Bullfrog Marina, noooo way.

Brian saw a houseboat.  The storm was so bad that we asked if we can take refuge inside.  It took at least four to five men to tie down our boat, the wind was blowing so hard.  Our new friends from Sacramento took the kids and by the time I made it on board Nathan and Katelyn were having hot chocolate and Oreo cookies.  They even went as far as inviting us to to stay for dinner and stay the night until the storm passed.  Brian got his houseboat,,wasn't how I planned it

There are some very good people in this world, and we were fortunate enough to find them.  This experience has humbled me.  I want to thank my hero Brian for being so courageous and getting us to safety.  You are truly a wonderful husband and an amazing father. I love you guys.

To our new friends from Sacramento and Lake Tahoe, THANK YOU....YOU ARE THE BEST


Nathan and Katelyn's Safety Cabin

I am adventurous but I never thought I would live to see 36......I made it

No comments:

Post a Comment