Friday, August 26, 2011

Driving Lessons

Have you ever been driving, and find yourself with a back seat driver?  Well normally I am the backseat driver, questioning everything.  But today was different.  I picked up the kiddies from school to drive them to swim class.

As we were driving we caught a little traffic, freeway merging. I can hear Nathan in the back seat, "I hate traffic," "What is all this traffic?" I turn to him and asked him, "Nathan what do you know about traffic?", "I know Everything!!" he replies quickly. I think to myself, I agree with him, usually I am the one in the passenger seat sitting inpatient and getting upset.  I continue to drive along.  Nathan tells me, "Why can't you go that way", he is referring to the opposite side of traffic, you know the side that is moving at full speed.  I reply, "Because we are going to swim class and swim class is this way." As we continue, traffic picks up and slow down, I press the gas petal and then the brakes.  Apparently, that annoyed Nathan, He quickly says, "Ahhh Why are the pressing the petal and making the car go arrrrrhh"


OMG Who invited this backseat driver, the irony in all of this, I normally would be making all these comments.  Is it possible that I too was thinking all of these thoughts and sending them to Nathan through telepathy? For someone who has never driven a car, Nathan sure has a lot of things to say to someone who has. No more driving lessons please.....

2 comments:

  1. Whats scary is I have been trying to get you to stop being a back seat driver and now I have a mini you doing it also. A dad / husband just can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan is definitely a Mini me, guess you are screwed. Maybe K will save you. I have a license so it's ok to be a backseat driver.

    ReplyDelete