Friday, August 12, 2011

The Gold Fish

Well about three weeks ago, Nathan was at the OC fair with his cousins. I leave for five minutes. When I return I find that I have a goldfish,,ummm.  According to Gramma it belongs to Nathan.  So Now I have a goldfish, Gramma whispers to me, "Don't worry he wont make it through the rest of the weekend."  I look at this goldfish and he is like a rocket.  Yup had to be Nathan's, same personality, fast, never stops and looking for trouble.

Well the goldfish hits the road with us, we have another party to stop by before we go home.  I left the fish in the car, and noticed the cup he was in was cracked,  a little leaking.  Not major.  I was concerned if the fish, would be ok inside the car.  Being hot and all,  I thought well he is in water and went inside the party with the kids.

We spent about two hours at the party, It was time to go home, Nathan was beginning to jump off the wall and literally jump off my dad's head.  TIME TO GO.

We get to the car, I opened the door and I quickly see the goldfish, gasping for air (or Water) all the water leaked out of the cup.  I quickly grab a cup of filtered water I had and  throw the goldfish in it.

He MAKES it,, I thought this is really Nathan's fish.

We get home, and baby daddy had gotten a bowl, plant, fish food,decor, ect... OK

Nathan decides to name this infamous goldfish, NOAH.  So Noah it is. Well I grew to like Noah, I thought he was a cool little fish.  Fast forward to August 10.  Well we get home from the spa, I go to feed Noah and what do I find??

Yes, he is now dead, floating, OMG.  I call Brian down to the kitchen.  What do we do?  Brian decided not to tell Nathan, and quickly flushed him down to his grave.  The following morning, K (Nathan's sister) begins to point to where Noah's bowl would be and starts calling for him.  Nathan turns, and says Dad, where is Noah?
Well dad still not wanting to say anything, tells Nathan he is cleaning his bowl and had placed him inside the closet for now. Nathan gives him a look, and says ,OK.

So what does dad do?  Let me remind you, it was a small goldfish in a small bowl.

20 gallon tank aquarium, 25 lbs of gravel, numerous plants, a treasure chest later,,,yup Noah has a replacement.

3 comments:

  1. Well you always have to go bigger the second time. Just wait for the third time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mention a third time, considering this tank still doesn't have any fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we knew the question of where is Noah was inevitable, and sure enough the timing couldn't be better. Considering the kids were out of the house all day yesterday and today. However, on the way home today Nathan, finally asked his dad, "Dad, why don't we feed Noah anymore",,ummm. I could see the wheels turning in Brian's head. "Should I tell him the truth," "should I tell him his fish died and I flushed him down the toilet," "do I come up with another story or do I quickly replace him before he notices."

    Well dad came up with the quick answer, "I'll show you in a minute."

    We got home and walked Nathan and K upstairs, K is wailing away. As soon as they get to the top of the stairs, they noticed the 20 gallon tank aquarium, nice lights and decor, Nathan asks, "Where is Nemo" (he changes Noah's name to Nemo now and then). Well Dad finally came clean and said, "Noah didn't like the small fish bowl he was in so I returned him to the ocean with his mom and dad." (That is one way of putting it)

    ReplyDelete